It’s the season finale of Drummer Talk Season 6, and on this week’s show, Dave’s gives a very in-depth look at a complete snare drum makeover – from batter head, to reso head, to snare strands, to strand cords. Also we, of course, talk more Dream Theater, new Avenge Sevenfold, Memphis Drum Shop’s Chris Coleman clinic recap, the Summer of contest continues, and much more! Show notes after the break!
- Dream Theater Gig to Mike Mangini
- John Densmore no more autographs
- Andrew – Avenged Sevenfold release new track (“Not Ready To Die”) for Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation
- Adrian Young Expecting a daughter!
- Slipknot moving on with or without lead singer
- Zildjian Drummer Love Contest
- Tour Neil Peart drumkit contest
- Mike Portney wanted back into Dream Theater
- Memphis Drum Shop’s 80 inch Gong
- What it was like to audition for Dream theater
- 100 most influential drummers of all time (rhythm magazine)
- Steve Jordon helped create the new yahama club custom kit
- 30 Seconds to Mars break [up]?
- South Florida rock band “Every You” is looking for a drummer.
- Tampa death metal drummer spends free time caring for feral cats
- Original Meters Drummer Zigaboo Modeliste Releases “New Life” CD